Artist/ Band: Tobin Mueler
Title: 13 Masks: Solo Piano
Label: Simig Media
Year of Release: 2007
Artist/ Band Link (click for more details)
- In 2007, Keyboardist Tobin Mueller released an album, that mixes jazz, avant-garde classical in what he refers to as "Progressive Ragtime", called 13 Masks Solo Piano. Musically I hear more of a classical feel throughout with improvisations, which brings on the jazz element. The whole album is a very pleasant thing to listen to but more as a background. I say this mainly due to being a single instrument based music., it just tends to be more melodic rather than dramatic (not that thatís a bad thing).
Now with all that said, this not commercial music by any stretch of the imagination. Itís something most fans of progressive rock, jazz and non-mainstream classical music will appreciate the most. I would recommend this album for fans of piano based music especially those that consider themselves musical connoisseurs.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on September 15th, 2008
- 1. You Make My Heart Skip A Beat
- 2. The Gumshoe Wears A Rag
- 3. Shadow Of Success
- 4. Memories Of Elegance
- 5. Stillness Of Wings
- 6. Chaos Of The Subconcious
- 7. Two Peas In A Chili Pod
- 8. A Monk Caught In A Thelonious Sphere
- 9. Chromatisome Swing
- 10. Holding Breath With Ophelia
- 11. Let Me Play With Those Horns, Amalthea
- 12. I Sail On (into deeper waters)
- 13. The Last Mask Falls Away
Reviewed DiscographyHere are other reviews by this artist at ProgNaut.com.
Copyright © 1998-2010, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.