Artist/ Band: The Gak Omek
Title: Return of the All-Powerful Light Beings
Label: Blue Cube Music
Year of Release: 2004
Artist/ Band Link (click for details/ ordering)
- The Gak Omek return in the appropriately sophomore release, Return of the All-Powerful Light Beings. Here Robert Burger expands on the debut with a more meatier guitar presence while staying true to their sound they developed on Alien Eye. Take equal parts Djam Karet and your favorite space rock band and you have the basis of The Gak Omek.
Return of the All-Powerful Light Beings is a beautiful instrumental body of work. I had hopes that they would expand and they did. These guys are on their way to becoming future of progressive rock by meshing old and new ways together into a fresh sound that would appeal to new as well as older prog audiences.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on November 30th, 2004
- 1. Return of the All-Powerful Light Beings
- 2. Forbidden Technology of the Lost Clown Civilization
- 3. Cydonia
- 4. Apparitions of Departed Human Personalities
- 5. Radio Hypnotic Intracerebral Control
- 6. Dance of the Nine Unknown Men
- 7. Departure of the All-Powerful Light Beings
Reviewed DiscographyRelated reviews by this artist/band at ProgNaut.com.
Copyright © 1998-2010, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.