Artist/ Band: Nosound
Year of Release: 2008
Offical Artist/ Band Link
- Nosound’s 2008 release entitled “Lightdark,” was somewhat of a surprise treasure for me. I wasn’t aware of them so when I got the promo I had to investigate. This is primarily a keyboard/Mellotron driven album with some soaring guitar parts. The overall pace of the songs is soft and moody. The highlight of the album to me, has to be the epic “From Silence To Noise“ and the closing title track. Both have a mix of both the Porcupine Tree and RPWL sound.
‘Lightdark’ is a mellow progressive rock album that sounds incredible especially on headphones. I liked the album so much that I purchased the 2 disc version, which contains four tracks which are harder edged than the main disc. I would recommend this band and album, especially the 2 disc version, as a must-have to fans of the aforementioned bands as well as The Pineapple Thief, No-Man, Sylvan (especially 'Presets') and Blackfield.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on February 28th, 2009
- 01. About Butterflies and Children (3:02)
- 02. Places Remained (4:29)
- 03. The Misplay (4:32)
- 04. From Silence to Noise (15:29)
- 05. Someone Starts to Fade Away (8:55)
- 06. Kites (8:30)
- 07. Lightdark (8:45)
- Bonus Disc on the Expanded Edition
- 01. Cold Afterall
- 02. Like The Elephant?
- 03. You Said "I Am.."
- 04. Clouds
- Lightdark (Enhanced Video Track)
Reviewed DiscographyRelated reviews by this artist/band at ProgNaut.com.
Copyright 1998-2013, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.