Artist/ Band: Pendragon
Title: And Now Everybody To The Stage... (DVD)
Year of Release: 2006
Artist/ Band Link (click for details/ ordering)
- Pendragon is one of the more famous and long lasting of the neo-prog bands out of the UK. I must admit they’re my least favorite of the genre but they are very important at the same time. I currently own their debut, The Jewel, in a remastered format. I think this is the definitive sound for the band even though I stopped listening to the band after The Masquerade Overture. When I was presented with this DVD, I wasn’t sure I was going to enjoy it, let allow watch it all the way through. Guess what, I did and I liked it! This DVD was filmed at the. Theatr Wyspianskiego in Katowice, Poland. Incidentally the concert included the band Galahad on the same day.
The setlist runs the entire career of Pendragon from the beginnings to their last album, Believe in 2005. The entire show was quite energetic in a true rock and roll fashion, which is how I really view the band… as rock and roll but with some flair ala progressive rock. Overall everything a Pendragon can like is here, and for newcomers to the band or the genre, this is a fantastic place to start. I could only recommend this in all honesty to fans of the more mainstream progressive based rock.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on January 24th, 2007
- 1. No Place For The Innocent
- 2. As Good As Gold
- 3. Guardian Of My Soul
- 4. Kowtow
- 5. The Wishing Well
- 6. The Edge Of The World
- 7. Nostradamus
- 8. The Dance Of The Seven Veils
- 9. Paintbox
- 10. Last Waltz
- 11. Breaking The Spell
- 12. Masters Of Illusion
- 13. The Black Knight
- 14. The Lost Children / Green Eyed Angel / Sister Bluebird / The Last Man On Earth
- 15. Am I Really Losing You?
- Bonus video
- The Progumentary - a home video recording
Reviewed DiscographyRelated reviews by this artist/band at ProgNaut.com.
Copyright © 1998-2013, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.