Artist/ Band: Orphaned Land
Label: Century Media Records
Year of Release: 2004
Artist/ Band Link (click for details/ ordering)
- Orphaned Land is Israelís answer to Pain of Salvation. In fact both bandís latest releases are similar in subject matter. Where as PoSí ďBeĒ is more philosophical, Orphaned Landís is based in a story from the Bible. Now before you run away, this is not a preachy concept album. Itís more storytelling than anything with brilliant metallic passages fused with mid-eastern styles, choirs and memorable hooks and melodies. There are some dark vocals that reminds me of the lighter moments of Opeth. They even sing in several languages, including a gibberish language and Latin.
Mabool is the Biblical story of three of seven sons who join together to hold back Godís wrath - The Flood. These sons are the Snake, the Eagle and the Lion each makes up a triangle representing the three main faiths: Judaism, Islam and Christianity. The subject matter as afore mentioned isnítí preachy, itís a very well written and orchestrated concept album. One that needs more exposure especially to progressive metal fans This is one of my very favorite and recommended releases for 2004.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on November 16th, 2004
- 01. Birth Of Three (The Unification)
- 02. Ocean Land (The Revelation)
- 03. The Kiss Of Babylon (The Sins)
- 04. A'salk
- 05. Halo Dies (The Wrath Of God)
- 06. A Call To Awake (The Quest)
- 07. Building The Ark
- 08. Norra El Norra (Entering The Ark)
- 09. The Calm before The Flood
- 10. Mabool (The Flood)
- 11. The Storm Still Rages Inside
- 12. Rainbow (The Resurrection)
Copyright © 1998-2010, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.