Artist/ Band: Kirlian Aura
Title: Kirlian Aura
Label: Self release
Year of Release: 2007
Artist/ Band Link (click for details/ ordering)
- Kirlian Auraís self-titled CD is a wonderful display of instrumental progressive rock. Itís divided four stories, On Eagles Wings (5 parts), In The Company of Stars (4 parts) , Streets Of Rain (8 parts) and Spectre of The Sargasso (6 parts) Each story and itís individual parts tells their tales and for a one man band at times sounds like at least a full 4 piece band. I was amazed at the musicianship and the quality of the recording, which is crisp and clean. Never does Keith Petty show off on any one instrument, he utilizes them to tell his stories, mostly through melodic synthesizer and keyboard playing.
Keith Pettyís work is very impressive and provides a calming yet vitalizing listen to his debut effort Kirlian Aura each time. I really donít have a favorite track, yeah I know sounds like a cop-out but itís true. I would however like to see any one of the four stories fleshed out for a second release, perhaps a sequel if you will?!?
I think Kirlian Aura will become a household name soon enough for those that enjoy instrumental progressive rock. This, in my opinion is just a glimpse at Keithís musical genius under the Kirlian Aura moniker and the best is yet to come. I believe those fans will really enjoy this CD. Pick up your copy today!
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on September 8th, 2007
- I. On Eagles Wings:
- I. Lords of the Air
- 1. On Eagles Wings
- 2. Often Imitated, Never Equaled
- 3. The Shaman
- 4. Metamorphosis
- 5. Riding the Thermal
- II. In the Company of Stars:
- 6. High Above the Blue World Called E
- 7. Tales of the Night Sky
- 8. Pushing the Envelope
- 9. Point of No Return
- III. Streets of Rain:
- 10. Onward Wayward Traveler
- 11. A Bolt From the Blue
- 12. Lights Are Burning Bright
- 13. Nobody's Home
- 14. Nocturnal Pursuit
- 15. Consciousness Betrayed?
- 16. All Too Real
- 17. Clearing Skies
- IV. Spectre of the Sargasso:
- 18. Christopher Columbus Was Here
- 19. The Ship's Manifest
- 20. Calm Before the Storm
- 21. Something Off the Starboard Bow
- 22. In Keeping With Tradition
- 23, Dead Reckoning/ The Way Home
Copyright © 1998-2011, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.