Artist/ Band: Jelly Fiche
Title: Tout ce que j’ai revé
Label: Unicorn Digital
Year of Release: 2008
Offical Artist/ Band Link
- Jelly Fiche are from Quebec and in 2008 they released Tout ce que J’ai revé (translated into English is "Everything I Have Dreamed.") The band is a trio and consists of Syd (bass, lead and backing vocals), Eric Plante (keys, saxophones, programming) and Jean-Francois Arsenault (acoustic and electric guitars, backing vocals). This band sings in their native tongue and flow rather nicely.
Their main influence has to be Pink Floyd (Dark side onward) and before I continue, they aren’t another of the many clones out there. This is strongly evident especially on the two epic tracks, "Les arbres" and "La cage des vautours /Liberte", which I can count as some of the highlights of the album along with the opening title track.
This is another amazing progressive rock contribution from Unicorn Digital as well as Quebec. With my limited knowledge of French-Canadian progressive rock, I will rank this right up there with the best the country has offered so far.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on February 3rd, 2009
- 01. Tout ce que j’ai revé
- 02. Les Arbres
- 03. Caché au Fond plus Haut
- 04. Source Infinie
- 05. In Vitro
- 06. Dans la Peau d’un Autre I
- 07. Dans la Peau d’un Autre II
- 08. La Fontaine
- 09. La Cage des Vautours / Liberté
Copyright © 1998-2010, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.