Artist/ Band: Crazy World
Title: Crazy World
Label: Spinefarm Records
Year of Release: 2005
Artist/ Band Link (click for details/ ordering)
- Remember when hard rock was actually cool? Well those days are back, thanks to Crazy World. They’re a brand new hard rock band from Finland, which features members of Wigwam, Stratovarius, Pekka Pohjola Group, and Five Fifteen. I was completely and pleasantly surprised on how good this band sounded upon the first listen. They bring back the great moments of the 70's hard rock scene. They sound like almost all the bands of the era all rolled up into one,. They dwell in the more artsy or prog side of hard rock. To make things easier for you the reader, just imagine a band that sounds like a Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, David Bowie, Supertramp, Queen and Golden Earring hybrid and you just touch the core of what Crazy World is all about.
I have a few songs that I gravitate towards such as "No White Marble"which is on the more artsy side with heavy doses of Mellotron & Hammond organ along with beautiful slide guitar moments. The next song is the hard rock sounds of "Long Hair Wildman Rides Again", a heavy number that recalls vintage ‘Heep, ‘Purple and even Van Halen. The latter comparison is due to acrobatic drumming.
Everything you love about rock and roll from the early part of the 70's is here. If you long for it or tired of the alt-rock or nu-metal that usually has no soul, then get Crazy World today. You won’t be disappointed. They even do a Hammond fueled remake of Led Zeppelin's "Good Times, Bad Times", which to me give a more interesting take on the original.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on December 20th, 2005
- 01. No White Marble
- 02. Welcome to Crazy World
- 03. Long Hair Wildman Rides Again
- 04. Poor Alice
- 05. Out of Me
- 06. Sweet Little Ugly Duckling
- 07. Old Tambourine
- 08. Welcome to Crazy World (Slight Return)
- 09. Sölvesborg Afternoon
- 10. Good Times, Bad Times
- 11. Misery Loves Company
Copyright © 1998-2010, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.