Artist/ Band: The Wrong Object
Title: Stories From the Shed
Label: MoonJune Records
Year of Release: 2008
Artist/ Band Link (click for more details)
- From the opening track on "Stories from the Shed", called "Sonic Riot at the Holy Palate," sets the bar musically of what’s to come from the debut of former Zappa tribute band, The Wrong Object. Each track is an equal and chaotic mix of horns, prog jamming and jazz. The band consists of Michel Delville (guitar) is the main man and joining him are, Fred Dalliance (tenor sax), Jean-Paul Estiévenart (trumpet), Damien Polard (bass, electronics) and Laurent Bedchamber (drums, assorted percussion, samples, electronics).
Musically they combine elements from Frank Zappa, King Crimson, Soft Machine and fellow countrymen Univers Zero in an original exciting way. I will say this was one of the more difficult albums to digest. Still as of writing this review, I’m unsure of my findings but I can say fans of eclectic jazz, progressive rock and avant-garde music will enjoy what The Wrong Object has to offer. I’m sure in rime I will fully appreciate the wonder of the music on “Stories From The Shed”.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on June 19th, 2008
- 1. Sonic Riot at the Holy Palate
- 2. 15/05
- 3. Sheepwrecked
- 4. Acquiring the Taste
- 5. Lifting Belly
- 6. Malign Siesta
- 7. Theresa's Dress
- 8. Rippling Stones
- 9. Theresa's Dress - Reprise
- 10. Strangler Fig
- 11. Waves and Radiations
- 12. Saturn
- 13. The Unbelievable Truth - Part I
- 14. The Unbelievable Truth - Part II
Copyright © 1998-2008, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.