Artist: Raimundo Rodulfo
Title: The Dreams Concerto
Producted by: Raimundo Rodulfo
Label/ Date: Music Mind.net (distribution)/ 2002
- PRIMER MOVIMIENTO (FIRST MOVEMENT) [28:17]
- 1. Sueños [24:14]
- 2. Esperanza [4:03]
- SEGUNDO MOVIMIENTO (SECOND MOVEMENT) [17:18]
- 3. Matemática y Arte II [8:01]
- 4. Muestreo al Azar (Suite for electric guitar, group and DSP) [9:17]
- TERCER MOVIMIENTO (THIRD MOVEMENT) [32:53]
- 5. Baroque (Suite for classic guitar and chamber orchestra) [15:01]
- 6. La Gran Epopeya de la Música y las Ciencias (Suite for guitar, group and chamber orchestra) [17:52]
- A prog gem came to me via Venezuela late last month in the form of Raimundo Rodulfo's The Dream Concerto. This 6 track 78+ minute cd is done in three major movements, all epic in sound and production. Guitarist/ Composer Raimundo Rodulo brings symphonic/classic prog back into the new millennium with nods to the giants of the 70's while adding a latin flavor all it's own. Beautiful instrumentation can be found throughout especially in the guitar playing which goes from classical to flamenco to rock within a few moments.
The only "flaw" I hear is the low key vocals. They are almost like background instrument. There is a full orchestra at work too but they are a part of the band rather than an augmented after-thought. Powerful yet melodic symphonic rock dominates this fine release. This was a late entry in the year 2002 and almost snuck in so Raimundo is one to watch for in years to come. In the meantime buy this cd. as it's well worth the money to hear this fabulous piece of music.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on February 16th, 2003
- Raimundo Rodulfo - Classic, acoustic and electric guitars, mandolin, bass, slide, acoustic and electronic percussion, backing vocals. Mathematic modelling, DSP design, programming. Composition, orchestration and production.
- Andrés Briceño - Acoustic and electronic drums, flugelhorn
- Pablo Gil Rodulfo - Saxophones
- Pedro Castillo - Vocals
- César Romano - First and second violins, viola, electric violin
- Lermit Martínez - Keyboard, piano, organ, clavier
- Alejandro Socorro - Acoustic and electronic percussion
- Manuel Rojas - Flute
- Carlos Orozco -Harp
- Carlos Rodríguez - Acoustic bass
- Beatriz Rivas - Vocals
- Ricardo Furiati - Bass, Backing vocals
- César Hernández - Backing vocals
- Linda Briceño - Flugelhorn
- Euro Olivero - Maracas
Copyright © 1998-2008, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.