Artist/ Band: Protos/Rory Ridley-Duff
Title: Space...and other singles...
Label: New Horizons Music
Year of Release: 2006
Artist/ Band Link (click for details/ ordering)
- More and more, there’s been bands reforming in the digital age and Protos with it’s keyboard player Rory Ridley-Duff, recently emerged with a sampler, Space …and other singles…, to help introduce the music to new listeners such as myself as well as re-introduce to those familiar. The sampler consists of twelve songs and show case Protos material(studio and live) and Rory Ridley-Duff.
The music style taken is one bordering on symphonic and electronic progressive rock music. Some reviews say it moves between the territory set by Mike Oldfield, Vangelis and electronic prog (1970‘s era). Since I’m not well versed, I can’t make the comparisons. I do however hear a similarity to some of the prog played in the late 70’s/ early 80’s.
If this collection is any indication of what the remainder of the catalog, then we’re in for a wonderful journey back in time to hear some of prog’s hidden treasures. I would recommend this as a starting point to discover Protos' and Rory Ridley-Duff's music.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on January 31st, 2007
- 1. Space (Part 1) - 2:51
- 2. Passing Decades - 3:34
- 3. Night Time - 2:05
- 4. Renaissance - 1:00
- 5. Suite for Piano, Marimba and Vibraphone (First Movement) - 3:11
- 6. The Fugitive (Edited) - 4:10
- 7. The Flea - 2:57
- 8. Thing of Beauty - 4:04
- 9. Protos (Edited Live Version) - 4:10
- 10. Hunting Extremely Large Animals (Live) - 2:47
- 11. A Bit Blue (Live) - 3:02
- 12. Space (Part 2) - 3:27
Reviewed DiscographyHere are other reviews by this artist at ProgNaut.com.
Copyright © 1998-2008, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.