Artist/ Band: People In Planes
Title: As Far As The Eye Can See...
Label: Wind-Up Records
Year of Release: 2006
Artist/ Band Link (click for details/ ordering)
- I wasnít really sure what to expect when I got People In Planesí debut As Far As The Eye Can See. I knew with the bandís name that the music was going to be interesting and I was right. People In Planes while not progressive rock, it embodies the feeling and flow that progressive rock bands possess. The songs are hard rocking and clock in between rock 3 to 5 minutes with one that goes over 8 minutes .After several listens, Iíve come to the conclusion that it surely will appeal to open-minded fans of the mainstream and progressive rock genres.
This is one of those rare albums that I enjoy every song but the one that stands out the most is ďIf You Talk Too Much (My Head Will Explode)Ē. Itís infectious and quirky too, lyric wise. Itís good to hear humor back in mainstream music, since so many of todayís band take themselves way too seriously. I would recommend this to fans of Radiohead & Coldplay, for the atmosphere, and Porcupine Tree & Queens of The Stone Age for the aggressive qualities. This is becoming one of my favorites of 2006.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on May 6th, 2006
- 1. Barracuda
- 2. For mles around (scratch to vod)
- 3. If you talk too much (My head will explode)
- 4. Moth
- 5. Rush
- 6. Token trapped woman
- 7. Falling by the wayside
- 8. Black widdow
- 9. Light for the deadvine
- 10. Penny
- 11. Fire
- 12. narcoleptic
Copyright © 1998-2006, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.