Artist/ Band: James Sudakow & Eric Zimmermann
Title: There Is No Sound In Space
Label: Self release
Year of Release: 2009
Offical Artist/ Band Link
- Violinist James Sudakow creates an instrumental industrial electronica and rock featuring the electric violin in many styles and textures in tandem with electric guitar (courtesy of Eric Zimmermann). This is a follow-up to Jamesí Green album from 2007, and not in the usual way. Most artists like to stay within a barrier of sounds and almost never stray from the formula. This is not the case on There Is No Sound In Space.
James is a true progressive rock artist who (in my opinion) is as innovative as any other past or present. He seldom solos and when he does, it fitís the song. Guitarist Eric Zimmermann helps to create new music The end result for these two musicians is an original take on progressive & alternative based rock. I imagine an electronica/industrial sounding King Crimson meets Space Rock. Just like Green, I thoroughly enjoyed the album, There Is No Sound In Space and canít wait for whatís next for James Sudakow. This is one of the better releases of 2009 Iíve had the pleasure of reviewing. I recommend this to fans of the modern progressive rock as well as instrumental enthusiasts. Once you get this, play it loud to fully experience the wonder of these musicians.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on July 3rd, 2009
- 01. Hail The Victorious Dead
- 02. When I Am King
- 03. There Is No Sound In Space
- 04. Stardusted
- 05. Moment Of Silence
- 06. Waiting For A Miracle
- 07. Strange Orange Glow
- 08. The Greatest Life I've Ever Known
Reviewed DiscographyRelated reviews by this artist/band at ProgNaut.com.
Copyright © 1998-2009, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.