Artist/ Band: First Band From Outer Space
Title: We're Only In It For The Spacerock
Year of Release: 2005
Artist/ Band Link (click for details/ ordering)
- A warm welcome to Earth for the First Band From Outer Space is due to these musical space travelers. They came to Earth (Sweden) from somewhere, out there to conquer us musically. The Swedish record label Transubstans has graciously signed them to help their conquest. The result is a fantastic off-worldly debut called “We’re Only In It For The Spacerock”. The album contains 6 songs, two of which are about 10 minutes long and one that is 20 minutes long. On the actual release there's a video, which can be viewed from your computer. Unfortunately on the promo copy I received, the video was nowhere to be found.
The songs on the album are various lengths from the 5 minute opener to the epic title track which clocks in at 20 minutes. Each song contains a blend of modern production sounds with a 70's vibe. After several listens, the listener suddenly gets propelled into some space journey. The journey is unlike any that I’ve taken but I find I need to relive the feeling once the album finishes. That is a rarity for me. Sometimes I can listen to the whole album, then go back to some songs Each song segue ways into the next, giving it a constant flow for the album. The crown jewel of the album is the instrumental title track. You’ll hear exactly what this band is all about. They combine Space and Progressive Rock along with bits of Space Metal to give the listener a nice bridge from the past into the future. They bring back to rock ‘n roll what has been missing since the 70's, the urge to explore musical boundaries within the hard rock genre.
This is one of my favorite 2005's releases and I can’t recommend it enough, especially to the fans of Hawkwind, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd as well as modern bands, Bigelf and Queens of the Stone Age.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on , 2005
- 1. Begin To Float (intro)
- 2. Sannraijz
- 3. Sometimes Going Too Far Is The Only Way To Go
- 4. Sannraijz II
- 5. We're Only In It For The Spacerock
- 6. Make Yourself Heard For The Sake of the World
Copyright © 1998-2005, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.