Artist/ Band: Empire
Label: Lion Music
Year of Release: 2001/2004
Artist/ Band Link (click for details/ ordering)
- Empire is a metal supergroup of sorts with members from such bands as Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osborne, Electric Light Orchestra, Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, Rainbow as well as National Health and Gilgamesh. You think with a background of such great bands you’d have a winner here. Well maybe in 1989 it would have been a winner but in 2001 when Hypnotica was first recorded, it was already a dated sound that the grunge-era took over.
This can really only appeal to those into the old school of heavy metal... I would say Empire is more hard rock oriented though. Anyways I’d suggest you listen first before buying this CD.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on November 30th, 2004
- 1. Hypnotica
- 2. Fool In Love
- 3. Into The Light
- 4. You're All That I'm Looking For
- 5. Spread My Wings
- 6. Bad Bad Boy
- 7. Here I Am
- 8. I Will Always Be There
- 9. A Different Sign
- 10. Shelter
- 11. Back To Me
- 12. Another Place Another Time
- 13. Take A Look Around (Bonus Track)
- 14. Dogtown Shuffle (Bonus Track)
- 15. Spread My Wings (Acoustic - Bonus Track)
Copyright © 1998-2004, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.