Artist/ Band: deSol
Title: On My Way
Label: saZon Records
Year of Release: 2007
Artist/ Band Link (click for details/ ordering)
- deSol’s latest effort “On My Way” is my first exposure to the band and at first I wasn’t sure how it would be relevant on a Progressive Rock reviews site. After a few listens, I noticed there was enough forward thinking music happening in the arrangements to be reviewed. I think those fans that are borderline on the prog/mainstream fence. Case in point, the song “Mona Lisa” is unpredictable yet accessible plus lyrically and musically it shines as a favorite song.
deSol is one of those bands that really can go the way of early Santana or ca$h out and become another Smash Mouth or Sugar Ray. I really hope the former is chosen especially since Santana these days is concentrating on duets with mainstream artists instead of exploring like he did in the early days. This is a really nice album, not really my cup of tea but enjoyable nonetheless.
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on Novemeber 17th, 2007
- 1. On My Way
- 2. Letter From San Juan
- 3. Sing It All Night
- 4. Mona Lisa
- 5. Every Little Love Song
- 6. Good Night Love
- 7. Ghost In The House Of Texas
- 8. Santos (crying for a vision)
- 9. El Salvador
- 10. Teardrops
- 11. Lagrimas
- 12. Vivir En Tu Aire
- 13. Free Again
- 14. Toda Mi Cancion (Sing It All Night - Spanish Version)
Copyright © 1998-2007, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.