Artist/ Band: Death And The Maiden
Title: A Metal Tribute To String Quartets
Label: Self release
Year of Release: 2008
Offical Artist/ Band Link
- Death and the Maiden is new instrumental progressive metal band that pays tribute to the great composers of the past, (Beethoven, Schubert & Bach) on it’s debut album, A Metal Tribute To String Quartets. They take various pieces and modernizes them in the progressive/neoclassical metal vein. I must admit that while being a classical music lover, I never got around to remembering the composers or the name of their piece(s) of music.
Now with this album, I’m able to remember those classics and have an even greater appreciation of classic string quartet music. The man behind this is guitarist/composer Ernesto Schnack. It would appear that he did all the instruments. One thing that sets him aside from other neoclassical guitarist is that he doesn’t solo for the flash or “just because he can”. If you’re a fan of classical, progressive metal then Death And The Maiden is a band to watch for in the near future
Reviewed by Ron Fuchs on August 26th, 2009
- 01. Death And The Maiden, Part 1 (F. Scubert - String Quartet No. 14 in D Minor)
- 02. Presto (L.V. Beethoven - String Quartet No. 14 in C# Minor)
- 03. The Maiden Variations (F. Scubert - String Quartet No. 14 in D Minor)
- 04. Death And The Maiden, Part 2 (F. Scubert - String Quartet No. 14 in D Minor)
- 05. SinfoniaNo. 15 In B Minor (J.S. Bach)
- 06. Invention No. 4 in D Minor (J.S. Bach)
Copyright © 1998-2009, ProgNaut.com, All Rights Reserved.